BCA worked with Jefferson County on the restoration and adaptive re-use of the Historic Jefferson County Courthouse. Designed by Horatio Nelson White, who also did courthouses for Onondaga and Chemung Counties, the original building was completed in 1861. When the County built a new courthouse, the building became available for County office use. BCA worked with the County to assess the overall condition of the building and provided a masterplan for exterior restoration and adaptive re-use of the interior. Partial funding for the project was provided through an EPF Grant and BCA Architects & Engineers worked closely with SHPO to ensure the funding requirements were met.