To apply, interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com
BCA is looking for an Administrative Assistant assigned to the Director of Buildings Group Operations. You will be involved in supporting the Director and other Project Level Principals within our organization. We are looking for someone to work in an innovative, creative, fast-paced, work environment. You will be managing communication, travel, and all project paperwork. Experience with payment recommendations, change orders, bidding documents, addenda, reports, change directives, field orders, plans and specifications, and document management software is a plus!
As the Construction Administrative Assistant, your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Assist with project management and reporting
- Manage/maintain project construction schedules
- Meeting minutes and report preparation
- Project status follow-up and reporting
- Processing purchase orders work with the construction administration department
- Assisting with design document mark-ups, project submittals, and as-built drawings
- Review, correct and track daily field reports
- Follow companywide safety practices, policies, and training
- Participate and document a broad variety of special projects
- Maintain conformity with all applicable regulations and policies and compile adherence reports.
- Daily filing, scanning, and copying
- May provide general support to other design team members as necessary
- Research, reading, sorting and responding to correspondence
- Logistics support, planning and scheduling meetings, travel, conferences, and conference calls
- Maintain paper and electronic filing systems
- Coordinating space and office organization, and special projects
A significant part of the position includes communication and coordination with others throughout the company. Candidate must be an enthusiastic team player that can work closely with the company’s Principals and can manage sensitive company information while maintaining strict confidentiality.
BCA will consider individuals for the Administrative Assistant position who have a minimum of five years in a construction office setting. The role is in an executive office environment and frequent regional travel may occasionally include overnight stays. Compensation commensurate with experience. To express interest, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Administrative Assistant
As an Executive Administrative Assistant at BCA, you will be involved with supporting Principals and director-level management within our organization. We are looking for someone to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment. Acting on the Principal's behalf, handling communication, scheduling, traveling, managing project paperwork and other administrative tasks are some of the expectancies of your position. Experience with payment applications, change orders, bidding documents, addenda, reports, change directives, field orders, plans and specifications is a PLUS!
As the Executive Administrative Assistant, your duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Conducting research, reading, sorting, and responding to correspondence
- Assisting with project management and reports
- Expense and statistical reporting
- Planning and scheduling meetings, travel, conferences, and phone calls
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems
- Supervising clerical staff and delegating tasks appropriately
- Coordinating space and office organization and special projects
A significant part of the position includes communication and coordination with others throughout the company. Candidate must be a team player and carry the ability to train other administrative staff. Working in close relationship with the Principal’s and handling sensitive company information while maintaining confidentiality is a MUST!
BCA will consider individuals for the executive administrative assistant position who have an associate's business degree, but a bachelor's degree in business is preferable. The executive administrative assistant is expected to become familiar with all three (3) business units within the organization. If you are someone with a great attitude, who is committed to working in an exciting work environment, please apply! To express interest, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Civil Engineer/Site Designer
BCA works with a variety of client types including K-12, higher education, government, healthcare, airports and local communities. We are seeking civil engineers with site design experience for our Ithaca, Saratoga Springs, or Watertown offices. The preferred candidate has 3-5 years of site/civil experience, is design focused, enjoys working with a team of architects and engineers, and thrives on active participation in internal site team design reviews. The ideal candidate can demonstrate experience drafting and assembling site development plans, preferably for educational facilities. It is not necessary to be licensed, but a degree in either landscape architecture or civil engineering is required. The position will include work at the local office, but periodic, short-term travel to our other New York offices may be required.
BCA Architects & Engineers, established in 1970, is a privately owned, fully integrated architecture-engineering firm located in Watertown, Ithaca, and Saratoga Springs. BCA offers a competitive compensation package that includes a medical plan; 401(k) program; vacation, sick and holiday time; a flexible work schedule and a commitment to providing continuing education opportunities for our employees.
- Undergraduate degree in Landscape Architecture or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in a design firm
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work both in groups and alone as necessary
- Desire to not just design, but develop creative solutions
- Experience in all aspects of site design, including site grading, drainage, landscaping, stormwater management, erosion control, and site permitting
- Focus and drive to learn
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Knowledge of BIM or Revit a plus
Intern Architect – Ithaca, NY
BCA Architects & Engineers is seeking candidates to join our team and grow with our firm. We work with a variety of client types including K-12, Higher Education, OGS, Healthcare and our local communities. We are seeking an Intern Architect with 2 to 5 years professional experience. The desired candidate will be responsible for the day to day production of contract documents and assist Project Managers through Construction Administration. We are looking for an individual with proven skills in design and construction documents, as well as an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in architecture. Experience with AutoCAD, Excel, and Word is required, Revit experience is desirable. Must demonstrate excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
Project Architect – Saratoga Springs, NY
BCA Architects & Engineers is seeking Project Architects to join our team and grow with our firm. We work with a variety of client types including K-12, Higher Education, Government, Healthcare, and local communities. Project architects at BCA are responsible for architectural design, production of contract documents, and assisting project managers through construction administration. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Excel, and Word and demonstrate excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. An architecture license is required.
BCA Architects & Engineers is seeking an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our staff in their Ithaca, Watertown, or Syracuse Office. The major function of this position will be to provide design, production, and coordination of construction plans and specifications in support of engineering and architectural projects. Duties are in relation to electrical engineering for building systems including primary/secondary power distribution, lighting, and low voltage systems design.
This position is a lead Electrical Engineer working with a team to complete complex renovations or new building design projects. The person will contribute to the development of specifications and permit applications and to write miscellaneous reports and prepare preliminary man-hour, cost, and material quantity estimates. You will participate in quality control review, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, checking computations and/or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others and coordinate with other disciplines as required. There will also be field investigations and observations of design work and of projects while under construction.
A bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Associates degree in Electrical Engineering plus 10 years’ experience is desirable and a Professional Engineering license is preferred.
BCA Architects & Engineers is looking for a Project Architect to work out of their Watertown, Syracuse, Saratoga Springs, or Ithaca, NY office. The company offers a competitive benefits package including 401k, health, vision & dental.
Project Architect Responsibilities:
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work on multiple projects
- 5 years’ experience, licensed architect preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Production of Contract Documents (Drawings and Specifications)
- Coordination with in-house disciplines, Consultants, and Clients
- Participation in all Phases of Design and Construction
- Production and Project Scheduling
- Knowledge of NYS Building Codes
- Knowledge of NYSED standards and submission process, a plus
- Cost Estimating
- Contract specification production
- Ability to work and collaborate with the design team
- Revit knowledge required
BCA Construction Managers seeks experienced Construction Managers to provide field management & inspection duties throughout New York State.
Applicants must have a minimum of five (5) years varied experience/knowledge of all types of building and utility construction applications and associated management experience. Responsibilities include: providing on-site construction management to ensure compliance with construction documents, preparing daily reports, communicating with the owner and contractors and proper record keeping. Significant field experience is a must and an A.A.S. or B.S. in a construction-related field is a plus.
Part-time and full-time positions are available; compensation commensurate with experience.
Structural Design Engineer
BCA Architects & Engineers is seeking someone with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or a Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering plus a minimum of five years of progressive post-baccalaureate degree experience in structural engineering related to the analysis, design, document development, and construction of steel, masonry, concrete, and wood structures and retaining walls. Must be capable of taking a project design from conception to bid documents – define building structural requirements, define and calculate anticipated loads, define and analyze structural options, prepare plans and detail drawings, prepare specifications, review shop drawings, and respond to RFIs. Proficiency with RAM Elements, RAM Structural System or equivalent structural design software and with AutoCAD is required as is sound knowledge of relevant codes including IBC, AISC, ACI, NDS, and ASCE. Professional engineering licensure in at least one state with the ability to secure licensure in New York State within two months is mandatory. The location of employment in Watertown, NY. Respond in writing only to Bernier Carr & Associates, Attn: Mr. Mark Kimball P.E., 327 Mullin Street, Watertown, NY 13601.
To apply, interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org